This course will enable delegates to gain a greater understanding of the parliamentary process including:
- The structure of Parliament, the roles and responsibilities of each House.
- How legislation is passed by exploring the passage of a Bill through Parliament.
- The role and purpose of Select Committees, including Commons and Lords Select Committees, Joint Committees and the various power and limitations of each.
- The function of Parliamentary Questions; Oral and written in both Houses.
- Explore how Parliamentarians engage with industry, academia, third sector and constituents.
- The role of the House of Commons Library and other internal groups in Parliament.
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
11:30am - 1:00pm
Cavendish Colloquium, Faraday Building
Anne Lieberman- IPT
Workshop - For Staff only
50th Anniversary Lectureships, Research Leader, Researchers
Registration is now closed. See the events page for details of future sessions.