Learn useful tips to look after your mates whilst at University.
We know that students turn to other students when experiencing difficulties and so we will be running several ‘Look After Your Mate’ workshops throughout the term that will give you the necessary tips and tools to support a friend in need.
The workshop includes:
• Key practical tips for supporting a friend
• Spotting signs in a friend
• How to start a conversation
• How to support a friend: Listening and learning.
• Signposting to support
• Looking after your own wellbeing as a supporter
Best of all, the workshop is FREE!!! It counts towards the Lancaster Award and is a great addition to your CV. It is also a very valuable workshop for Fresher’s reps, JCR reps and anyone in a supportive role.
The location is FASS MR 2 (A009). This workshop has been developed by Student Minds.#
Please note registration for this workshop has now closed.