Research Data Management: What You Need to Know as a Researcher
This course is for researchersand support staff who are new to Research Data Management (RDM) and those who would like a refresher. You will gain an overview of core RDM concepts and discoverwhat is required to manageresearch data effectively.
You will be introduced to:
- The relevence of Research Data Management (RDM)
- The RDM lifecycle
- Data management plans (DMPs)
- Data storage and security
- Data archiving
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the relevance of RDM for your research
- Incorporate RDM best practice into yourresearch design and practices
- Identify appropriate places to store,archive and shareyour research data
‘What’s in it for me?’
Robust research data are vital. They form the basis of your thesis or your scholarly claims. Learn how to manage this critical resource effectively.